Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Plans for Midterm Research Paper

Nike is one of the most popular brands that is worn by many. Despite the fact that a lot of their shoes (and other products) cost a lot of money, consumers still feel 'urged' to buy this brand. For the midterm research paper, I plan to research the Nike Corporation. I want to get all of the details, from how much their manufacturers make overseas to produce these products, to how they advertise their products and in what ways to appeal to the outside world. I want to know all of the 'dirt' behind this corporation because I personally purchase a lot of there products, despite the cost.

I will go about presenting and supporting this research by founding scholar articles on any lawsuits they have had, if they have ever shown their consumers appreciation and in what ways. I do not plan to do a lot of my research using the internet because I want to see if I can find all of this information I am searching for in books, magazines, journals, etc.. Although that is quite tough to do since our world today is centered around technology, I hope I do not have to use the internet, even though I know I can find everything I am looking for. We will see.

My sources, as I have stated before, are scholarly electronic sources, hopefully except for the internet itself. I want to point out Nike's financial success today versus how it was when it first began. I also want to point out the changes they have made in their products and prices due to the rise and fall of the country's economy. I am not sure exactly of the argument I am trying to make, but I do want to open the eyes of consumers and present the 'known' and 'unknowns' of how corporations really feel about the advertising industry, how we continuously support businesses who do not appreciate the support or either do not care. Nike may not be this type of business but I plan to find out what type of business they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment